Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Hut Hut Hike

Jim in the hizzo. Loved the Galaxy Hut show last night. I had some cymbal malfunctions and I forgot how a song I played only 2 times before went, but other than that, the set went well. After the malfunctions I felt a little out of it, but I got though it with little damage. Overall, when things got going it was fun to be playing for a great group of friends in one of my favorite places in the whole world. Julie fed us Yeungling all night and Pink Noise rocked the house before us. They were a good example of how bands can blend modern sounds without sounding like a Radiohead tribute band. I hope they come through town again.



Cool, we were in the Washington Post.



Do bands need managers? I am mostly on the no manager side of things, but Pink Noise’s manger was very cool and picked our brains for places to play in Pittsburgh, Baltimore and DC. I guess if you are going to have a manager, pick one that does a good job! I think for the most part I do not mind doing manager type stuff, but most musician types hate it. Kim from Jawbox once said that bands that think they need a manager really need an accountant. That seems to be my philosophy. I like to be in control of where I play, so I don’t know if I would give that up to a manager. If we pick a bad place to play, I want it to be my fault.
Thanks to our friends for hanging with us last night. We do this for you... Ok. For us mostly, but for you too.

No comments: