Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Black Postcards

Not sure if this is a good thing. I get obsessed with bands every so often. About 10 years ago I was introduced to Luna, and had to buy all of their albums. Yes, even their "we're signed to a major label but have no hope" phase record "Pup Tent." C'mon, it was designed by Frank Olinsky, that's pretty cool.

So here I am, post-Luna, reading Dean Wareham's memoir "Black Postcards." The jury is still out on this one, as it is far less entertaining than David Lee Roth's memoir, Crazy From The Heat, which is one of my favorite reads of all time (ADD Theatre!) I am not sure if it is a good thing to read the extension of the already detached personality of Luna's albums. It jumps in with a contentious quote from his former bandmate: that's like going on a date with a girl who starts off conversation talking about her ex-boyfriend's gripes with her.

Leave the baggage!

No comments: