Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Butter 08

Top of the year to ya. Hope you and yours stayed toasty and warm. Mine and ours travelled. And travelled. Back in the 80's, I grew up somewhere between Massachusetts and Kentucky, sometimes strapped in to a seatbelt, other times crossing the imaginary line between where my brother or sisters' seat ended and mine began.

Fast forward a good 25 years and I'm hurtling between Charlotte and Louisville fueled by Christmas cookies and Big Red Vanilla Float soda with my wife and mom alternatingly gasping. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I might have thought it wise to share the driving duties; but in real life, we had mileage to gain and only so much time to attain it and I'd be damned if I wasn't going to be at the helm for it.

Glad to be back home. We have an album to release people! Battle stations!
happy 08,
mcmfa

OH, I ALMOST FORGOT!
The DJing went well. DJ Boozy Claus (nee Adequate) crowd pleased several different crowds for about 7 hours. It's not every day you get to make one group happy by playing Girl Talk and an entirely separate group happy by spinning "In Da Club" right after "Only In Dreams" by Weezer. Not to mention someone outside of indierock-dom acknowledging your fine choice of a Dismemberment Plan song. Note to friends Georgie James, Lavajet, The Apparitions, and Brice Woodall: you can collect your 2 cents from ASCAP now.

No comments: